The National Coordinator of Inclusive Church is Ruth Wilde. Ruth works part-time for Inclusive Church and part-time for the Northern Baptist College as a tutor in disability inclusion. She is also an Associate Tutor at Woodbrooke. She has an MA in Contemporary Christian Theology from Newman University.
Ruth is member of a local Quaker meeting and a Methodist church, and believes strongly in ecumenism. She is also neurodivergent and queer, so her knowledge of intersectional exclusion is not only academic. Ruth lives with her wife and young son in South Birmingham.
The National Coordinator works closely with the trustees of Inclusive Church.
If you would like to make contact with the Ruth, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of the key tasks of the National Coordinator include:
- Visiting, speaking, preaching, running workshops with local churches and groups
- Helping to organise and deliver Inclusive Church events, such as the annual Conference on Disability and Church, in partnership with St Martin-in-the-Fields, and the Inclusive Church Lecture & AGM.
- Ensuring that Inclusive Church has a strong presence at events such as Greenbelt Festival and church gatherings such as General Synod.
- Training, educating and resourcing churches and the regional ambassadors.
- Admin, social media, newsletter, website, database management and fundraising.
Ruth is helped in these tasks by a group of volunteers, including the regional ambassadors.
Find your nearest regional ambassador.