Ruth Wilde was part-time National Coordinator of the Inclusive Church network from January 2018 until September 2023. Following her resignation, the board of trustees are taking the opportunity to review our staffing needs and will advertise for her successor as soon as possible.
During the NatCo vacancy, the board has employed Divya Dhinakaran as clerk and administrator.
The staff team works closely with the trustees of Inclusive Church.
If you would like to make contact with us, please email email@example.com . During the NC vacancy this inbox will be monitored by Divya part-time; so if appropriate, please contact your regional ambassador in the first instance.
Some of the key tasks of the National Coordinator include:
- Visiting, speaking, preaching, running workshops with local churches and groups
- Helping to organise and deliver Inclusive Church events, such as the annual Conference on Disability and Church, in partnership with St Martin-in-the-Fields, and the Inclusive Church Lecture & AGM.
- Ensuring that Inclusive Church has a strong presence at events such as Greenbelt Festival and church gatherings such as General Synod.
- Training, educating and resourcing churches and the regional ambassadors.
- Admin, social media, newsletter, website, database management and fundraising.
The national coordinator is helped in these tasks by a group of volunteers, including the regional ambassadors.
Our former staff have included three National Coordinators: Clare Herbert (2007–2010), Bob Callaghan (2010–2017) and Ruth Wilde (2018–2023).